What makes me passionate
This event had so many WOW factors and was very inspiring. I got the chance to speak to so many ambitious women like me. Some of them were businesswomen and others were self-employed, all of them were looking to expand their brands this year. I love to get to know others’ passions as much as sharing mine. I want them to know who I am, what I do and how I do it.
A new beginning for Gabbie McGuire Beauty
I had the chance to talk about my mission in front of everyone. This was one of my 2020 goals and I’m so proud I got the chance to experience it and that I’ll be able to do this on other occasions this year. My vision is as big as my dreams are, I want to give the best of myself to my audience and clients.
To get there, I understand I have to be more transparent and honest with my views about beauty. I have to continuously allow myself to speak MY truth not only for myself but also for the women I work with.
My message to myself is to love myself unconditionally, to accept myself as I am with a touch of humor and a lot of kindness.
Recognizing the goddess in the mirror?
Another goal I’ve set for myself is to do my part to simplify the world of cosmetics for my clients. (I have a waiting list right here for something to do just that if you like…)
Cosmetics are supposed to help make those who wear them happy and proud of who they are.
February is the month of LOVE, I felt it was the perfect time to share 9 tips to get you to fall in love with the goddess you are:
- Pull the attention on the part of your face you love the most: Your smile, your eyes, your nose… Whatever part of your face you’re proud of, focus on it and start there.
- Give yourself a compliment that makes you happy. If you cannot think of one, ask a friend or family member to compliment you, write it down and memorize it.
- Dress in clothes that make you happy. This can be the cutest dress or the comfiest pair of jammies. So long as the outfit makes you smile.
- Congratulate yourself every day for the good moves you made. Don’t wait for someone else to tell you!
- Concentrate on your talent, your personal and professional skills. Be proud of what you can achieve.
- Take care of yourself and your skin every single day. It is small daily actions of self-care like this that lead to a more balanced routine for yourself.
- Put on simple or glam makeup, whatever makes YOU smile. There is no pressure on how much or how little makeup you wear as long as YOU love it.
- When you see your imperfections, remember that no one is perfect and it’s impossible to have a ‘’perfect face”. Your differences make you who you are, you’re perfect in my eyes, so you should be in yours.
- You only have one body and one face. It was created for you and only you. Love it, honor it and most importantly, love yourself!
I hope that these 9 tips help you on your journey. It took me a long time to get to where I am with this and I am still a work in progress…
Please be patient with yourself and reach out (anytime..really) if you need help or just a little boost!
Want a hair, makeup or skin consultation? Give a ring at 514.773.6918 I would LOVE to take care of you!
The wonderful images in this article are by Stephanie De La Ronde, I highly recommend you check out her work here
The cover shot is by Julie St-Georges